The 27th European Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference and Exhibition, 27th EU PVSEC, will take place on September 24-28 2012 with the Conference starting on the 24th while the exhibition will start on the 25th. This year’s event will be take place at Messe Frankfurt, Germany.
As until July 31st a few hundred organisations were represented from more than 50 countries and the indications are such that would make this event a great success. The organizers believe that this event will attract thousands of professionals from the whole value chain of the solar and PV industries.
The conference will cover 6 main topics each subdivided with subtopics so as to cover as much as possible the rapidly expanding area of photovoltaic cells and systems. The 6 areas are:
1. Material Studies, New Concepts and Ultra-High Efficiency
- Fundamental Material Studies
- New Materials, Cells and Modules
- Solar Cells, Modules and PV Systems for Space applications
- Terrestrial Concentrator Systems
2. Water-Based Silicon Solar Cells and Materials Technology
- Silicon Feedstock, Crystallisation and Wafering
- Silicon Solar Cell Improvements
- Silicon Solar Cell Characterisation and Modelling
- Manufacturing Issues and Processing
3. Thin Film Solar Cells
- Thin Film Crystalline Silicon Solar Cells
- Amorphous and Microcrystalline Silicon Solar Cells
- CdTe, CIS and related ternary and quaternary thin films solar cells
- Organic-Based PV
4. Components for PV Systems
- PV Modules
- Balance of system components
5. PV Systems
- Large PV Power Plants and Distributed PV: System Aspects and Grid Integration
- PV and Architecture
- Off-Grid Applications
6. PV – a major Electricity Source
- PV in the electricity mix
- Sustainability Aspects
- PV Globalization, Policies and Administrative Barriers
The Chairman of the event is Dr Stefan Nowak, Chairman of IEA PVPS, International Energy Agency.
The highlights of the exhibition are research and development in the PV industry and the production processes associated with them and result from them.
In addition to the conference and exhibition there will be a great number of interesting parallel events that will attract the attention of the event participants and the industry in general. Some of the most interesting ones are the 9th European PV Industry Summit and Investors Day.
The 26th EU PVSEC which took place last year in Hamburg, Germany, had 999 exhibitors and 1500 Conference presentations with thousands of participants from more than 100 countries. This year’s, 27th EU PVSEC, event is expected to be even bigger despite of the Global financial crisis and economic slowdown.You may also join me at Google+